Friday, November 9, 2012

The Joys of Writing a Personal Note

Hello All,

Sorry I have been MIA for a little while, but it has been a busy season!!! Lots of Craft Shows this Fall and Winter and with that, lots of painting and note card printing.  I have been thinking today of my childhood in Brazil.  I remember when I was around 10 or 11 I used to collect stationery.  Me, my girl cousins and also many of my friends had an extended collection of them and we used to trade them between us. There were all kinds of designs, shapes and sizes.  I remember my dad would travel abroad and bring me the neatest ones, which it made it very hard to trade them with my friends! I still have them and they are so very dear to my heart, and a little piece of my childhood.  As I grew older and moved from Brazil to the U.S., I used some of those beautiful pieces of paper to write letters to family and friends.  I think the personal letter or note you send a loved one is a reminder that we still care and it will always keep us near, even when we are far.  Last year, I started my Painted Note Cards business, and the whole idea behind it, was to use and share my Art and Photography in my note cards. 


People can have a little piece of my art and at the same time share them with their loved ones.  I know that with the Internet, e-mails, etc, note writing has become faster and more reachable but I believe a personal note(the paper kind) will always have a special place in a person's heart. 

As Christmas approach us, we can take this time and send that one special note to the people we care and love!
 
I would like to say a big thanks to my friend Paula Blaxton (with Stuff I Tell My Sister) for posting my art in her blog today!! She is such an awesome friend!! www.StuffITellMySister.me

No comments:

Post a Comment